All skilled Temporary Workers in Australia to Get Permanent Residency Pathway
The Australian government has announced that all skilled temporary workers in Australia will be given the opportunity to apply for permanent residence. This is a major change that will make it easier for skilled workers to stay permanently in Australia and contribute to the economy.
The change will come into effect by the end of 2023. To be eligible, skilled temporary workers must have been in Australia for at least two years and have a valid visa. They must also meet certain English language and character requirements.
The government believes that this change will help to address the skills shortage in Australia. The country is facing a shortage of skilled workers in a number of occupations, including engineering, IT, healthcare, and construction.
The change is also expected to boost the Australian economy. Skilled immigrants are more likely to start businesses and create jobs. They are also more likely to pay taxes and contribute to the social security system.
The announcement has been welcomed by businesses and industry groups. They have long argued that the previous system made it too difficult for skilled workers to stay permanently in Australia.
The change is also expected to be popular with skilled temporary workers. Many of them have been living and working in Australia for many years and have made Australia their home.
The government has said that it will provide more information about the new pathway to permanent residence in the coming months.
Impact of the change:
The change is expected to have a number of positive impacts on Australia.
- It will help to address the skills shortage in Australia.
- It will boost the Australian economy.
- It will make it easier for skilled temporary workers to stay permanently in Australia.
- It will attract more skilled immigrants to Australia.
- It will help to create jobs and businesses in Australia
The change is also expected to have some challenges.
- It could put pressure on public services, such as education and healthcare.
- It could increase competition for jobs in some industries.
- It could lead to social tensions, as some people may feel that skilled immigrants are taking their jobs.
Overall, the change is expected to be a positive one for Australia. It will help to address the skills shortage, boost the economy, and attract more skilled immigrants to the country.The new pathway to permanent residence is a great opportunity for skilled temporary workers in Australia. By taking action now, you can secure your future in Australia.